Triple M Top Ten things to do in FNQ
- Cairns Festival is here again, with all the action happening until the 1st Check out the full program at www.cairnsfest.com.au
The Grand Parade & Fireworks - SATURDAY 24 AUGUST CAIRNS ESPLANADE
PARADE STARTS 5 PM
FIREWORKS 7 PM
Watch the Grand Parade, enjoy the roving performers and ‘ohhh and ahh’ to the spectacular fireworks display and catch the free family concert. The music will be happening from 11 am with
Saturday Sounds MUSIC ON THE ’NARD. Head to FESTIVAL STAGE, next to the lagoon 11 AM - 9.30PM. Once again it’s FREE!!!
Sunday at Cairns Festival -
Don’t miss the Sunday Funday Concert-
SUNDAY 25 AUGUST on FESTIVAL STAGE, next to the lagoon 5 PM - 8.30PM
It’s another FREE event headlined by Vika and Linda.
Other events on Sunday-
‘Good Harvest’ JAPANESE TRADITIONAL PUPPET SHOW, Eastern Events Lawn 2 PM – 5 PM
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of our sister cities relationship with Minami.
Group AKAMATSU-ZA from Minami, will perform a revived traditional puppet show for our Cairns Festival celebrations.
Elements Collective - FREESTYLE HIP HOP
ESPLANADE Western Events Lawn 10 AM - 5.30PM
Join a free dance workshop (10am-12pm).
EVERY NIGHT OF THE FESTIVAL-
City Lights at CAIRNS CITY LIBRARY -7-11 pm FREE.NO TICKET REQUIRED.
Neon Dog Park on the CAIRNS ESPLANADE 6.30PM – 10 PM FREE. NO TICKET REQUIRED.
- Cairns Museum Open Day this Saturday 9 am-4 pm
Adult Entry $10, children FREE with Adult. FREE kids activities 9 am-1 pm including guided museum tours concluding with a glow in the dark science session, Indigenous Storytime, Dance, Craft & other activities, Face painting, Role Play & Dress Ups, Craft and Gold Panning. It’s going to be a whole lot of fun at the Cairns Museum Cnr Lake & Shields St. Cairnsmuseum.org.au
- AJ Hackett is celebrating its 29th Birthday this Saturday with night Bungy, live bands, food trucks, discounts on Membership and a chance to win $1000 with Pluckaduck! Open from 10 am, Live bands from 12. Find out more at ajhackett.com
- Douglas Theatre Arts Group presents ‘Ladies and Gentleman’ a choral spectacular showcasing songs ranging from classic choir pieces and musicals right through to modern music- there is something for everyone. Catch it today at 7:30 pm or tomorrow at 2 pm at the Clink Theatre. Tickets are available through the Clink Theatre website clinktheatre.com.au . Ticket prices are Adults $30, DTAG members and Senior Concession $25 and Children $15.
- JCU Open Day , Sunday 25 August 2019, 10am - 2pm
Explore the Campus, the courses and the possibilities at JCU’s open day this Sunday. With presentations and tours throughout the day. Find out more, download the program & plan your day at jcu.edu.au
- Join in the fun with the second annual Wayne Leonard's POP UP BIKE SHOW fundraiser this weekend august 25th at SPEEWAH Country Tavern . All proceeds from your $5 entry will go the FNQ WILD LIFE RESCUE. Trophies for best bikes , car park games, live band, raffles and a whole heap off fun starting from 11:30 am going through till 3:00 pm.
- The Northern Pride’s last home game of the season is happening 6 pm this Saturday as they go head to head with Easts Tigers at Barlow Park. Go down and support the boys. More info at https://northernpride.com.au/
- This weekend catch the action of the Great Barrier Reef ocean Challenge (GBROC) – Australia’s longest ocean iron race . Catch the hard core paddling from 8 am this morning. Launching from Yorkeys Knob and heading 42 km up the coastline to Port Douglas. There’s also a Mini-G going from Portsmith to Yorkeys Knob it’s still 18Km of arm-tiring action. Find out more at https://hekilioutrigger.com.au
- The Great Moscow Circus is back with an extreme show featuring "The Flair Riders", the Extreme High Wire and the world’s best dare devil motorcycle Cage Riders. Witness breathtaking aerial performances and much much more. A circus not to be missed. The big top is set up at Cannon Park with shows 3 pm and 7 pm today (Saturday 24th) and 11 am & 3 pm tomorrow (Sunday 25th) More details : https://www.thegreatmoscowcircus.com.au
- Aviation Careers Open Day, 9am -12 pm
The Cairns Airport Skills Centre is opening its doors this Sunday with a chance to check out information about pathways and potential careers in aviation. There will also be a special airside display of fixed and rotary wing aircraft as well as fire trucks and vehicles. Turn off the Captain Cook Highway into General Aviation on Tom MacDonald Dr.